March 2, 2013
In the Barn
There's something special about a barn, particular the barn I spent a lot of time in while growing up. It still has that same old wonderful musty smell of hay, but there are new animals in place of the old ones. There is something comforting about this barn. We used to build hay forts in the top of the barn and search for litter after litter of kittens. I really love finding baby kittens. I think I have it down to a science. We used to shoot at the birds with BB guns. There are still holes in some of the tin near the top. I have to take the blame for those. The barn is quite dark and creepy at night. We used to be so scared when we had to feed the animals after dark. Troy and I would run like mad to the house when we were done for fear of the boogie man was right behind us. So many good memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment